You're just a few minutes by car from the centre of historical Albany - which, in 1826, was proclaimed as Western Australia's first British settlement.
If you like boating and fishing - there's boat parking available on site, plus a launching ramp at nearby Emu Point.
Just a short walk (100 metres) and you're on beautiful Middleton Bay - and feeling the snow-white sand squeaking between your toes.
Only a well-hit three-iron and you're on the acclaimed links course at Albany Golf Club - with restaurant and bar facilities available (for all inquiries, call the Club on 98448855).
And if you want to escape from the kitchen - there's fine cuisine at nearby Emu Point and Middleton Beach, plus a number of quality restaurants in Albany itself.
Heaps to do and lots to see!
Using 24 Barry Court as your base, take your time to drink in the world-class natural and built attractions of Albany and its environs -
- Beautiful beaches and rugged coastline - see The Gap and Natural Bridge.
- Be a whale-watcher - by boat aboard Albany Whale Tour's Sail-A-Way, or from shore-based vantage points (in season).
- Wonderful walks - including the Middleton Bay Scenic Walk, right past Ocean Mist Villa, and the closing stages of the Bibbulmun Track.
- An amazing array of wildflowers (in season).
- Visit the Porongurups and Stirling Range - climb famed Bluff Knoll.
- Drive to the glorious karri forests at Walpole - do the Treetop Walk.
- Whale World - the world's finest restored former whaling station.
- Albany Wind Farm - walk beneath the massive rotors.
- Visit a selection of the Great Southern Region's world-class wineries.